They managed to trap it in their garage and called WTS. When we arrived, it seemed quite alert, flying to get away from us, and he was very plump and in good body condition, but I still wanted to keep it under observation for a few days and test for parasites to make sure it was OK.
It did have some tummy parasites and appeared to be anaemic (with very pale gums and mouth), and he was very dehydrated. He had a few small healing injuries to the skin. And he wouldn't eat. I tubed him fluids (fluids via a feeding tube to the stomach), which seemed to make him a bit more alert but he still wouldn't eat. I wanted to get him a blood test but before I was able, he died.
I was upset about this as he was such a beautiful bird and I hoped he would be a great candidate for release. What caused his death? I am uncertain. Perhaps the small skin woulds were inflicted by a cat that also passed along its deadly bacteria. Perhaps he had a very heavy load of blood parasites. Perhaps he had some sort of internal injuries.
We will probably never know, but I hope that he at least had a peaceful last few days at Wild Things.